Sunday, June 04, 2006

Bubba Gump Shrimp Company




Today we had dinner at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.



It was OK. Not really a New Orleans original. There are franchises all over the country. This one was on Decatur Street in the French Quarter.

The gag, obviously, is that everything in the place is Forrest Gump related. You basically have a choice between burgers and shrimp. I had a burger and Aubie had the shrimp.


The menu and the drink menu attached to a ping pong paddle.






We sat at a two person table and right above it was a little case with young Forrest's "magic legs".





On the wall was a mural of Forrest playing for the mighty Crimson Tide.


One of the nice things about the place is two little license plates that tell the waiters when you need them. As soon as we turned them somebody was there on the double.





As for drinks, we would definitely recommend the Lava Flow. It's basically a pina colada with strawberries mixed in. I don't usually go for the mixed drinks but this one was really good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

So I've decided that I need to start taking my camera to dinners with my wife when we're out at great restaurants so I can take pics of my mixed drink... right?? ;)

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home