Saturday, May 20, 2006

Huge fire Uptown

Wednesday morning was pretty interesting around here because there was a Five-Alarm fire near the river. I had a good view because I work on one of the higher floors of one of the big buildings in the CBD. The window in my office faces directly toward the fire. You could see people in every office on my side of the building staring out the window. I gotta tell you it was really impressive. Flames and smoke shot up to a phenomenal height. You could see it from all around the city.

I know I think about this blog too much because I watched it with a mix of awe and disgust. I DIDN'T HAVE MY CAMERA!

There were so many awesome shots I could have taken. I especially liked watching the helicopters with big buckets pick up water from the Mississippi and then dump it on the fire. We thought it was going to go all day but it was basically done by the time I got back from lunch.




UPDATE

Aubie got this shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home