Tuesday, May 02, 2006

New Hurricane Plan - Get out of Dodge

I was watching the news today during lunch and saw that the mayor released his new evacuation plan.

He will call for an evacuation for any hurricane that is category 2 or higher. Katrina was a category 3 so that makes sense. Still, it's easy to say that people should just evacuate when the storm comes. What people don't talk about is that evacuating really sucks. You just get used to living in your house, sleeping in your own bed, etc. That is not a minor thing. Leaving your home rearranges your whole life.

Our area didn't flood last time so I'm not worried about anything like that. If another bad hurricane comes though, we might lose power and maybe water. Then again, we live near the CBD so I imagine we'd be the first place to get all of that back.

Just thinking about this sucks. I really hope there isn't a category 2 to test us. I really, really, really don't want to evacuate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home