Friday, April 28, 2006

The New Orleans diet

I found a scale in the office and stepped on it today. It turns out I have lost a little over 10 pounds in the three weeks I've lived here!

I've had two big changes in my routine. First of all I walk at least 2 miles every day. That is a big jump from zero previously. I walk to work everyday plus I walk home for lunch. That's probably an hour and a half of walking. My feet always hurt when I get home but I make up for it when I think about my belt being too big for me. I don't have any more notches to go up and it's still too loose!

Also, I eat a lot less fast food. I know I've celebrated the fact that we found chain restaurants here in the city but the fact is that we rarely eat there. I used to eat fast food every day at lunch. I've never done that here. The only chain I know of that is reasonably near my office is Subway.

Living in the city rules. I don't want to ever move out to the suburbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home