Friday, June 16, 2006

Amazing Race or NOT!

Today, I decided to take a short cut to the West Bank. I was in Harahan picking up a package at the Federal Express Distribution Center & noticed that there was another way to the West Bank. At first, I was a little excited because I like finding new routes. Big Mistake! I made the turn & then I saw the Huey P. Long Bridge ahead. As I started up the incline, I immediately felt that feeling that I get when I enter a hospital. You know that clammy, butterflies in your stomach, nauseous feeling. Unfortunately, there was no turning back. I tried to think of it as practice for my Amazing Race dream, but it was hard to pretend with multiple cars passing me.

I was happy to read that there are plans to expand the bridge later this year. I guess I'm not the only one that does not enjoy the experience.




2 Comments:

Blogger C&N said...

Yay Aubie! Way to post!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous nola rick said...

that my friend is one of the great new orleans right of passage. congrats on making it thru. my little trick is to focus on the car ahead of me and never ever look over the side rail.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home